contemporary beadwork jewelry textile


Sunday, May 30, 2010

...And now for something completely different!

...as John Cleese used to say.....(Monty Phytons flying Circus)...


Here´s work waiting !
My husband found these beautiful, old Danish chairs on a flea market. The Rattan seating surfaces are broken, and some chair legs too! now they are waiting on the attic to be restored!
..and I am looking forward to try that by myself , as soon as my time allows to go about such a big project. ( maybe in the early autumn , cause it might be a beautiful outdoor work!)




First step was to buy this wonderful book about basket work...to read ....and to learn... and maybe to decide on spending a lot of money for a professional restorer.....we will see...



4 comments:

  1. that looks like a great challenge and very satisfying once done. nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design of those chairs ! It's a real challenge but I am convinced that you will bring this to a good end !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite a challenge that you are prepared for Viktoria!
    I will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, looks like a great new project! My parents have similar chairs in their kitchen and some of them would desperately need new surfaces. I'd be happy to hear how your project proceeds!

    ReplyDelete