contemporary beadwork jewelry textile


Friday, September 7, 2012

wattlework



I´m keen on any mechanical skill, and I was delighted with this sunshade I saw at the beach.
Look at this elaborate wattle work ! ..hopefully made by people who are paid for this fair!


....made to brave the wind and spending shadow just like a tree!




May I introduce:
My sun hat!

also a gorgeous wattle work! ...( the braid was added by me)


It is a very old hat, made by hand, just like the famous Panama-hat ! (here you can see how they are made!)


4 comments:

  1. ...now you have me longing for the sea...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really should come and visit our coastal art works
    http://www.beaufort04.be/nl/artistiek/31/marco-casagrande-.html
    It's also magic as the sun plays through the wattlework !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, Sandra, thank you for the link!
      I really would love to visit this, impressing!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I would love to learn how to weave straw!!

    ReplyDelete